Private Registration, Call to Schedule Training
Courses are focused on system-wide breakthrough levels of improvement in mission and business outcomes via Lean and Six Sigma design and improvement projects, based on highly customizable just-in-time training modules for each phase of LSS implementation. This is not “one-size-fits-all” material filled with automotive industry examples; we can include examples and data from clients’ real-world problems, and tailor the curriculum to their specific processes and missions. Recommended course offerings for any organization implementing a Lean Six Sigma initiative include:
- Leadership Workshop (one day; executive level) – LSS Leadership overview, strategic plan review, strategic metrics review, project selection criteria development, Sponsor/Champion selection.
- Project Sponsor/Champion Training (three days; high-level manager and director level) – LSS Overview, In-Depth DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) project life cycle overview, statistical thinking, interpreting LSS tools, conducting phase gate reviews, project selection workshop (using criteria developed in the Leadership Workshop), Black Belt selection, strategies for project success.
- Black Belt (one week per month over four months, with application coaching between sessions) – Process management, project management using the DMAIC project life cycle, team facilitation, data collection, measurement systems analysis, statistical process control; flowcharting, process and value stream analysis, data stratification, hypothesis testing, root cause analysis, process modeling, designed experiments, change management.
- Green Belt – customizable; organizations use Green Belts for a number of different purposes, depending on organizational size and LSS Deployment strategy. We offer both one- and two-week Green Belt courses to meet your needs.
- Yellow Belt (3 days) – Essentially, team member training. LSS overview, DMAIC project life cycle familiarization, basic problem solving tools, expectations.
- White Belt – half-day LSS familiarization for everyone in the organization.
More mature implementations may need some mix of the following supplemental courses:
- Master Black Belt (Senior successful Black Belts) – includes more advanced multiple project management, coaching, train-the-trainer, advanced statistical analysis.
- DMADV (Define-Measure-Analyze-Design-Validate) Project Life Cycle – for new process and product Design for Six Sigma (DFSS). Includes QFD, Kano modeling, specifications development and roll-up, product/service prototype testing.
- Statistical Thinking For Leaders – for middle managers, to help them understand LSS, good metrics, and the SPC tools they will need to monitor their processes, maintain the gains realized from LSS projects, and practice world-class data-based decision making in their daily management.
- Refresher courses – refreshers and upgrades in various data analysis techniques and tools; customizable on demand.