- Increase the effectiveness of Veterans Health Administration (VHA) projects by providing decision makers with valuable knowledge from previous and on-going efforts to repeat successes and avoid known pitfalls.
- Supported the VHA Product Effectiveness (PE) organization in designing and implementing a Knowledge Management (KM) solution including processes and tools for capturing and leveraging lessons learned and best practices.
- Identified learning opportunities, conducted interviews and facilitated sessions to share lessons, and supported the start-up of Communities of Practice for collaboration between subject matter experts and other community members.
- Documented lessons, analyzed systemic issues, identified best practices in other healthcare organizations, and recommended VHA enterprise improvements.
- Increased knowledge sharing on several key projects leading to improvements in performance and progress toward becoming “learning organizations”.
- Strengthened PE partnerships with project teams resulting in earlier application of lessons learned and a greater number of actionable lessons and recommendations, both at the project level and at the VHA executive leadership level.